Become a Flop or Flourish Follower

Check out my other pages!

0

Flop or Flourish Motivotions- Day 1

Posted by Amy DeWitt on 7:20 PM
I think God may be desperately trying to get my attention on the subject of living instead of dreaming. As soon as I began this spiritual experiment, the idea surrounds everything I hear.
Today's sermon at church was about fulfilling our purpose and daring to dream big. This is exactly what God has been speaking to me this past month!
Whenever there is a purpose and destiny for our life, there is always a giant standing in the way. What will you do about it?
1. Begin to dream again! What would you love to do, but seems impossible? What things would you accomplish if you weren't afraid?
2. Learn from David's example in 1 Samuel. David faced his giant with courage and assurance that his God would see him through. David walked out onto that field with no armor. No sword. A slingshot and a stone brought down a giant that had taunted the Israelites for so long. David knew he didn't have to be the most powerful. He relied on strength that was not his own.
3. Remember how powerful your God is! When we know who God is, we know that He will never leave us or forsake us. We know that all things work together for God for those who love Him. We know that through Christ all things are possible.
In this journey, I have committed to trying new things and have a little fun with life. So today's first experiment with Flop or Flourish was...
Ghetto-fab
A flourish! Yay! I saw a picture on Pinterest of a girl in a very cute little dress. When I clicked on the picture, I was taken to www.refashionista.net. This is an amazing site. A young woman made a new outfit from an old (and usually hideous) outfit each day for a year, with little or new sewing. I thought I'd give it a try. So I took my husband's old ghetto fab shirt. I cut off the collar right around the edge, and cut the sleeves in half. I put it on and tied the bottom strips first, then the top strips to make a cute top. I paired it with a little jacket and voila! I was a little leery of wearing it to church because I didn't want to look like I just chopped a T-shirt, but I got more compliments on this outfit today than I have on anything in weeks! No one had a clue...until I told them. (I can never just say thanks.)
I hope you are motivated to try something new this week!
Ciao!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

leave a comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2009 Flop or Flourish All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.