Become a Flop or Flourish Follower

Check out my other pages!

1

Flop or Flourish Motivotions Day- 5 diy ruffle tank top

Posted by Amy DeWitt on 9:08 PM
Too many times I hold back for fear of failure. I almost didn't even start my blog, that I've wanted to do for a long time, for fear of "flop"
I've had publisher rejections, and the last thing I want is to experience rejection from my lack of response. However, I decided to start living a little differently, and the response has been incredible.

But how do you keep going with something like this? There are only so many projects out there that I know how to do. I have to find things I haven't done, try something totally new. But just like in life, the unfamiliar can be scary.

 I'm reminded of the verse that says, "Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won't be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple." (2 Timothy 2:15, The Message) Now, I realize the projects I've been working on have no spiritual significance, but I'm challenging myself to not only try a new project each day, but to also study something new in God's Word each day. It's amazing how much fun I'm having with all of this, and how much God is speaking to me through His Word each day! I am going to do my best for God, and in all the projects I attempt.

Today's flourish is another repurposed fashion item. I started with a tank top I no longer wear because I'm not crazy about the length.
I got this back when the initial craze first hit.

I used this second tank to slice up and detail the first tank.


I began by cutting off the bottom.


I sewed that strip to the inside edge of the first tank top.
As you can see, I'm very new to the whole sewing thing, and I had a crazy crooked spot! But we'll cover that up later.
I cut several strips that I will bunch up to make ruffle detail.
I hand sewed the strips by running a line of thread down the middle and pulling the string at the end for the bunched effect. I took a fourth strip, bunched it as well, then sewed in a circle for the flower. I added a button in the middle to finish it off.
Remember that lousy machine sewn line? I just added another strip to the side of the shirt to cover that up.
Finished off with some ribbon bows tied on the straps. Not too bad for a girl that has never sewn more than an occasional seem fix, or pant hem.

I'm going to wear this tomorrow to go pick up my daughter from camp. Yay for new projects!
Ciao!


1 Comments


Wow, this is one of my favs!

Aerial Allen

Post a Comment

leave a comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2009 Flop or Flourish All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.