Become a Flop or Flourish Follower

Check out my other pages!

0

Flop or Flourish Motivotions Day- 10 diy kid's apron refashion

Posted by Amy DeWitt on 7:38 PM
When you're in ministry, sometimes you can spend whole days at church. Attending to business, working on music, and like today...working on months of backlogged attendance, due to a change in systems.
In the summertime my girls end up in the church office with us. They usually have plenty to do. Netflix, craft projects, riding scooters in the fellowship hall... But when we get home, we like to hang out with the girls. Tonight the girls and I planned on dinner and some crafts. Tacos and sewing it is!
I've been a little hooked on sewing lately. My hubby bought me a sewing machine a few years ago, and until lately, it had only been used 3 or 4 times.
Tonight we decided on a kid's apron. My girls liked mine so much that they wanted one of their own. I debated on how to make this particular version. There are so many ideas, but we decided to freestyle and try our own version, made up as we go.
We began with a couple of sleep shirts.
A straight line was cut removing the top portion.
We simply folded over about 2 inches, and sewed a line. Using the second sleep shirt, we cut a pocket shape and sewed to the front.
We took one arm of the second sleep shirt and cut two pieces, folded them over and sewed down the edge.
After we flipped the sleeves inside out, I inserted only the edges into the back side of the apron and sewed down the edges.

Adorable!

Ciao!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

leave a comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2009 Flop or Flourish All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.